Truth Social: How to Activate Trump Social Network on Your Smart Device
After sharing his intentions of launching his own social media platform last year, the Former US President Donald Trump finally launched Truth Social earlier today. The app has been under testing for quite some time now and it finally showed up on Apple App Store during the early hours of February 21, 2022 (Presidents Day). Are you interested in using Trump’s social media platform? Read along and learn how you can download, install, and register on Trump’s Truth Social for free!
Before we begin, we must note that the app launched just today. The response to the app has been tremendous. While some users are getting the “Something went wrong. Please try again” error on Trump Social, the company has started waitlisting people so it might be a while before you get access to the social network. Reports say there are currently over 1,500,000 users on the waitlist with more people being added every second.
What is Truth Social PC and How you can Download Truth Social Now
Trump Media and Technology Group on Sunday night launched a social media app called Truth Social in Apple’s App Store. Some people who downloaded the app were greeted with error messages when they tried to create an account, while others were placed on a lengthy waitlist.
Despite the buggy rollout, Truth Social for PC app topped Apple’s charts for free apps on Monday, ahead of popular services such as HBO Max, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
“What makes Truth different!? It is a social media platform that is free from political discrimination,” reads the app’s description. Social media companies have long denied allegations that they intentionally censor conservative speech, noting that they have rules against hate speech and inciting violence.
The app’s design looks like a clone of Twitter. Users can create a profile that shows who they’re following. You’re able to comment, share, and like posts, which are called Truths. The app includes a feed so you can read posts from other followers. Users can also share photos, news stories, and video links.
There are direct messaging, a dark mode, and notifications, according to the app’s description.
Who Can Install Truth Social Application?
Even though conservatives have been flocking to alternatives outside of Facebook and Twitter such as Parler and Gettr, Truth Social doesn’t market itself as an app for conservatives.
The app’s description states that it has a “big tent” approach and describes an outdoor event tent at a wedding filled with libertarians, conservatives, and liberals.
What is Featured on Truth Social Application for PC
Instead of tweets, Truth Social reportedly refers to individual posts as “Truths” which are shown to users on a “Truth Feed.” If you see a “Truth” that you want to share with your followers, you can apparently “ReTruth” it. Other features under development support for direct messaging, as well as user verification, according to the platform’s chief product officer.
Truth Social for PC has reportedly been in beta since December with around 500 users on the platform. It’s being developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), which is helmed by former Representative Devin Nunes. In an interview on Sunday with Fox News, Nunes said that he hoped the service would be “fully operational” by the end of March.
To use the app, you do have to be at least 18 years old.
How to sign up on Truth Social on Desktop, Mac, Android and iPhone
If you’re on a desktop, you don’t need an app to access Truth Social. Follow these steps to use Donald Trump’s social media on desktop PC:
- Open a web browser and head over to Truth Social’s website.
- After the page is loaded, you’ll see a section labeled “Join the Waiting List!”. Enter your name and email address to join the waitlist.
- The website might throw a “405 Not Allowed” error occasionally. In this case, reloading and entering all the details help.
- Once you’ve successfully registered, you’ll get an email saying you’ve joined the waitlist. Once your number comes, you’ll be able to complete your sign-up on Truth Social.
How to Install the Truth Social app Directly on Windows and Mac using an APK Truth Social File
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- By following the on screen instructons, you can complete the installation of the emulator.
- Now look for the Truth Social APK and download it from a trusted source on the internet.
- Open the download location of the APK file
- drag and drop the APK file of the app on the home screen of the emulator.
- The app will be installed on the emulator and you can use it without any worries.
How to download and register on Truth Social on iPhone
If you have an iPhone and you want to use Truth Social, follow these steps:
- Head over to the official Apple Store Truth Social Link here and download the Truth Social app from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- On the screen that opens, tap ‘Create Account’.
- You’ll need to provide your email address to begin the signup process.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email at your email address. Tap ‘confirm email address’ to continue.
- You’ll also need to create a password and provide your mobile number to complete the signup process.
If you don’t get the confirmation code on your SMS, don’t worry. The app is currently facing issues and you will have to try again after some time. After entering the SMS verification code, sign-up will be complete. You can now start using Truth Social media on your iPhone.